Move Out Cleaning Checklist – Singapore. Cleaning is the last thing we want to do, be it before moving into a new place or moving out. Move out cleaning is as important as moving in’ cleaning because cleaning issues can lead to major disputes, and moreover, one should be a good person and provide a tidy living place to the next tenant by cleaning up the area. So play your favorite playlist and start with the cleaning work.
Take a tour of the entire living space and check for the things you need to do. Refrain from getting pointlessly charged for cleaning issues or for damage you are not responsible for. Here’s the checklist before you move out, follow the below steps, happy cleaning:
- Takedown your wall arts or paintings and pull out the nails and patch up the holes. The job is pretty simple and DIY, just fill the holes with some putty (spackling paste), let it dry and smoothen the surface by rubbing sandpaper over the wall and let it blend.
- Dust the ceilings and ledges properly and make sure to dust off the cobwebs as well. Dust the ceiling fans and wipe the lights.
- Clean the doors, doorknobs, and windows, and window blinds properly. Dust the walls and baseboards too, if needed.
- Maybe you are a fan of wall doodles but maybe your landlord or the next tenant is not, so wash them off of the walls, or just use the same color as other walls to paint the wall.
- Try to leave the space as empty as possible and if the house is furnished then dust the furniture and vacuum the carpet.
Living rooms and Bedrooms
- Mop the floor, the carpets, and vacuum the area properly. Dust the corners, the tops, and the underneath of the furniture or racks.
- Clean the air conditioner exterior and check the filters as well.
- Do not forget to wipe the window panes, the door frames, the lampshades, and the woodworks.
- Empty the cabinets and clean them too.
- Remove the curtains or wash them properly and keep them aside.
- Dust and wipe the kitchen appliances. Clean the ovens properly and check the water purifier.
- Clean the kitchen countertop, the exterior and interior of the cabinets properly.
- Scrub and shine up the sinks and faucets.
- Move the fridge, and scrub off the rust marks on the floor. Sweep off the dust and mop the floor and tiles.
- Clean the ventilators and exhaust fans.
- Wash and scrub the soap scum out of the tiles and bathtubs and clean the shower heads and taps.
- Clean and dry the mirrors and polish them as well.
- Tidy the drawers and vanity and make sure not to leave any items behind.
- Clean the walls and mop the floor and dry it off.
Make sure to schedule a walk-through with the landlord
Ask the landlord to inspect the place before leaving and keep yourself aside from the problems. Make sure you are not responsible for replacing any item with new ones, for example, any kitchen appliances or electric appliances.
Some points about move out cleaning which you should not forget at all:-
- Check the agreement papers and clear out the deposit and get it back.
- Sweep the garage properly and empty it before leaving, no one needs garbage in their new living space.
- Check the balcony and clean the area. It may seem unimportant but it is not. The house should be clean inside out and the balcony is one of the most beautiful assets, so do not leave it dirty.
- Do not forget to check the outside; cut the uneven grass and pull out the weeds.
- Do not forget to empty the trash cans and dump the garbage properly.
- Clean out your kitchen garden as well, it for sure is beautiful, but hey! leave the space empty for the newcomer.
- Check the water connection and electricity connection and report it to the landlord.
Move Out Cleaning Checklist – Singapore
The cleaning work is exhausting and boring for sure, but think about a new home with dust and dirt and crushed milk cans and empty pizza boxes and wall doodles; filthy’ is the word you are looking for the right, so tidy the place and keep it in its original form before leaving.